The identification and ordering of states depends on close comparisons between impressions. As these are widely dispersed across institutional and private collections, high quality images need to be available. These examples demonstrate new methods of digital comparison to augment the human eye.
In the comparisons, the first named image is compared with the second. Any feature (line, defect etc) that is added to the first image to create the second image is shown in red. Any feature that is removed from the first image to create the second image is shown in blue.
- R177_epa_YCBA_B1977.14.6801 vs R177_epb_YCBA_B1977.14.6804
- R177_epfalse_YCBA_B1977.14.6805 vs R177_epb_YCBA_B1977.14.6804
- R177_epfalse_YCBA__B1977.14.6805 vs R177_epii_YCBA_B1977.14.13279
- R317a_epc_cvh0128 vs R317a_epa_cvh0129
- R317a_etc_cvh0127 vs R317a_epc_cvh0128
- R779_G_cvh0590 vs R779_C_cvh0762
- R779_C_cvh0762 vs R779_ii_cvh0927
- R779_epai_hg1305 vs R779_epaii_hg1306
- R779_epaii_hg1306 vs R779_epc_hg1308
- R779_ii_cvh0927 vs R779_epai_hg1305